Quick advice (doing tonight). Established a Bromide Reserve. Which will super shock?

ttown

Jun 24, 2014
Houston, TX
I have Sodium Persulfate, Calcium Hypochlorite Mixture, Trichlor 3" tablets, Bromine 1" Tablets,

I established a bromine reserve by using 4lbs of sodium bromide in my 8000 Gallon Hot Tub (Havent turned on heat until everythings balanced).

Can I crush the bromine or trichlor tablets and use that to oxidize and supershock my water? Or can I use the powdered sodium/calcium hypo/persul in a few oz to do the same? Which is recommended?

I have:
  • Sodium Persulfate
  • Calcium Hypochlorite hydrated
  • Trichlor* 3" Tablets (Triaz)
  • Bromine 1" Tablets (Bromochloro something)
  • 1 Gallon of Laundry Bleach ( :( Would prefer not to use this, but can)

Levels:
7.6 PH, 150 CH, 100 Alk, 2 Curent Bromine, 0 Copper and iron

I don't know much about bromine. This is the only article in Pool School that I know of that discusses sanitizing with bromine. Maybe it will help. How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?

Hi, scourged the net to find that and a few others.

That's how I came up with my potential 'oxidizers'. Just wanted to see which one was recommended best without jacking any of my balanced levels too much (tried a bit of calcium but raided my pH from 7 to 10)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.