New pool. Attaching ladder to wedding cake stairs before deck is built.

TerriP

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Marengo/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello ~ New AGP was installed yesterday and my test kit arrived by mail, too. Filling from our hose and it will take at least one more full day. In the mean time I am constructing the ladder and attaching to the stairs only to find that they do not line up. The poles on the InnovaPlas Products Inc. Classic Outside Safety Ladder are 24" apart and the holes on the INNOVAPLAS PRODUCTS INC. WEDDING CAKE STEP2 are 36" apart. They do not line up and pool store is no help is recommending a solution. Should I line up one side and find a way to rig the other side? Is there a way to solidly attach the second side even though they to not match? See pictures attached.

We may not get a deck built until next season so I need some ideas for the short term. We really want the wedding cake stairs for added safety for the kids entering and exiting the pool as well as my husband who has had a knee replaced.

Second question...when should I do the first water test?

Thanks!

Attachments

• wedding cake stairs.jpg
    wedding cake stairs.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 35
  • ladder 6003.jpg
    ladder 6003.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 35
Hopefully you've already tested your fill water so you have an idea of what your starting values will be.

Also, you've hopefully started adding some bleach to get ahead of the warm, unchlorinated water and lurking algae. :)

Did the quick test and pH is 7.5, CL is .5. Adding bleach today.

We will be using PVC to link stairs to ladder platform instead of metal handrail included with stairs. Will post pic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.