Advice on Pool Math

Captain 776

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2016
Thailand
Please take a look at my results today.

I don't understand how to interpret the values and what it says in the suggested FC levels. Please explain and help me there.

My FC went from 7 to 10.
I did increase my salinity from 2.7 to 3.3 and I turned my SWG up to MAX about a week ago.
Today, I will turn it back to 70%.

I don't understand the CSI Index and it says my number of .9 can be a problem for all pools.

I think the answer to this question is yes, but when I add the recommended amounts of chemicals shown in Pool Math that it will either correct the CSI Index or at least give it different numbers.

I am hesitant to add 835 OZ of Calcium Chloride all at once, so I will do it 50% and see where it is, then add again.

Feedback here, will be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Here is a tutorial for Poolmath, Pool School - PoolMath

Why is 400 entered as the target CH?

Salt has to be entered in PPM, yours should be around 3000-3500. What is 3.3?

Your CSI is -0.9, negative CSI means that your water is aggressive and below -0.6 can cause calcium to be dissolved from the plaster. Tweak PH, TA and CH to adjust the CSI. If it is positive that means there is increased risk of calcium scaling.

For FC Now is higher than Target so it isn't telling you to add anything.

The numbers in 'Suggested FC Level's' change based on the CYA figure you put in to the 'Now' section of Poolmath as per the FC/CYA chart. You can see that if you change that number in the 'Now' column that it will change the numbers in the 'Suggested FC Levels' if that makes sense.

With a SWG it is a good idea to aim for the slightly negative side of 0 for your CSI- perhaps around -0.1 or 0-0.2. Looking at your CSI numbers- the left side is the the CSI number you have based on your current test results and the right side is what it will be based on the 'target' numbers.

Pooldv - "Salt has to be entered in PPM, yours should be around 3000-3500. What is 3.3? "

My Kokido digital meter reads like that, it means 3300

I was sick a few days but did add about 40 lbs of Calcium Chloride and I still need to add baking soda, I will get that done in the morning, let it circulate and then do a complete new round of tests.

I am getting closer step by step to an even balance.
I am adding the recommended amounts slowly and not adding the total amount at once, but we have had substantial rains in the last 2 weeks.
A few nights ago, my pool went up about 5 cm ( 2 inches) in about 45 minutes so a lot of the water went out the overflow tube.

Today I will add the recommended doses but can't check CYA again until late August when I return from America and hand carry the reagents back.

I do have a question, is having a FC value at 11.5 really a bad thing, having it a little high means you have less chance of growing algae? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.