Augmenting SWG

charsand

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Flower Mound/Texas
I will be out of town for a few weeks and need to know if its ok to use the chlorine disks in addition to my SWG. My SWG is not producing chlorine fast enough as I wait to slowly raise my CYA. I don't want to come back to a green pool if I cant add bleach manually.

Let me know what you think. When I get back, I will start over.

Thanks

Can you give us a set of test results to see if your pool can tolerate a little extra CYA?

Also, what's going on with your SWG that you say its not producing enough chlorine? How long are you running the pump for? What % do you have it on?

yesterday at about 6 pm I added 1 gal of 10% chlorine and raised my SWG to 100%....I had added about 1 sock full (about a pound of CYA) a few days ago, tied in the skimmer ... I have just received more yesterday, but have not installed

My readings as of this morning @ 7:15 AM with water temp @ 82 are as follows

FC 2.5
CC .5
Ph 7.8
TA 60
CH 150
CYA less than 20

I am leaving early Wednesday morning

Is liquid CYA a good alternative, I have about 14 lbs of solid CYA now

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Target 70-80 ppm of CYA. Granular is fine and a lot cheaper. If you get enough between what was already added and more to add up to 70 ppm in a sock or knee high and squeeze it a LOT today so that it will get dissolved today it should all be in the pool overnight and tomorrow so that you can get a decent read Monday and Tuesday on where to set the SWG to maintain FC. Then right before you leave lower PH to 7.2 if your PH tends to rise and raise FC up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Thunderstorms for the last 2 days have not allowed me to get in all the CYA. I have added about 6 lbs and will try to get the rest in tomorrow. I imagine that my reading should improve tomorrow morning. I will base other additives on readings tomorrow.

I am really starting to hate this rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.