New test results and using CYA standard

doc8404

Silver Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
Rome, NY
Instead of adding to my long-standing thread I thought I would start a new one. I recently received the CYA standard R – 7065 and if that is a 50, my results have been off slightly in the past. I tested multiple times with the standard and can still see the dot, although barely and fuzzy. Must br
my 20/15 vision in one eye LOL.

Lots of rain this morning, probably should get some of it out of the pool, but my results are good right now.

PH 7.0 as close as I can guess
FC 5.0 which is great considering my new CYA appears to be 40
CC nada
CYA 40
TA 90
Might as well take the pool cleaner out since I have so much pollen floating on the top.
Hopefully warm up in a few days, supposed to be getting great weather next week. Or I should say the week after.

Will pollen affect my results?

Hey, can you slip a skimmer sock, painters liner or hosiery sock into your skimmer to help collect all that pollen? It keeps it out of your filter that way. You just have to monitor in case it gets super loaded so you don't impede water to the filter. You might be grossed out by all it collects, but its so much better for your filter.

Were you dropping your pH so as to drop your TA??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.