NEW POOL Hate to sound DESPERATE BUT!!! Filter that come with 18x48 Coleman is DEAD!

Cjo

May 28, 2016
Geneseo, KS
Filter doesn't work at all. called company, but in the mean time. I'm on day three with no pump. I've tried everything, hooking up son's old Intec pump (doesn't fit), I've shocked twice and put in other chemicals after testing. the water went from clear with some trash in it that I cleaned out, to a light green, to a dark green to brown that I can't see the bottom!

The company is sending a new pump but 3-5 days....:mad: There is already stuff on the side of the pool that I am trying to clean off but I'm just doing what I can reach from the outside. I don't dare get in that mess. However, when I clean it with the net. I barely get anything! just a few bugs, etc.

So, I desperately need advice! I'm a first time pool owner, considering going to the pool store and purchasing a sand filter.... which I've researched and kind of wanted anyway... just didn't want to put out the $$$ initially. BUT, is now the perfect time to jump in? I don't feel like I can afford to wait 5 days for a filter.... I live in the country and 45 min from pool store. it's Saturday and need to make a decision... I would really appreciated any advice!

Hi, welcome to TFP! In the long run I think you will be happier with a 1hp 2 speed pump and a sand filter. You may need to make some modifications for it to fit. Can you measure across the end of the hoses that came with your Coleman pump? Also was the old intex a cartridge filter or a sand filter? If it was a sand filter and it still works we can help you find fittings from a hardware store so you can hook it up.

Anytime you're without power or pump you can still add liquid chlorine to the pool to help maintain it. Just mix it up with a good brushing. This can help you avoid further problems. About 1/2 gallon per day of regular household bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.