New aboveground pool(bestway)

I got my bestway above ground pool set up and running for probably a month now and it has the sand filter and pump. I t shows high around 5 1/2-6 psi and isn't supposed to be over 4 1/2 psi. I called and talked to customer service and they said to backwash the system and if that didn't work to take some sand out and try that and I did but still high. Anyone else have any suggestions or had this problem. Thanks

I got my bestway above ground pool set up and running for probably a month now and it has the sand filter and pump. I t shows high around 5 1/2-6 psi and isn't supposed to be over 4 1/2 psi. I called and talked to customer service and they said to backwash the system and if that didn't work to take some sand out and try that and I did but still high. Anyone else have any suggestions or had this problem. Thanks
I'd suspect a bad gauge. They all skimp on the gauge, and they use the same gauge on all the filters they make, so who says it's supposed to be 4½? Every setup is slightly different. Just ignore those color bands and use the actual numbers.

If it's filtering and you have strong flow, your clean pressure is 5½-6 psi. You backwash at 8-8½ psi. Problem solved.

every gauge is different...listen to Richards advice..he KNOWS his stuff! Backwash your filter as per the directions and then put back into filtration mode...whatever PSI it shows is YOUR clean pressure. when it hits 8 or 9 psi..it's dirty and time to backwash. Again, every gauge and every filter is different, so a standard "set" of directions may work for one person, but not another.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.