constant higher than target FC ok?

rmclain73

Silver Supporter
May 18, 2013
Needham, MA
First few weeks with our first pool. Here are current readings.

FC: 7.5
TC: 0.0
PH: 7.2
TA: 110
CH: 220
CYA: 70 or 80

We have yet to establish a good summer weather pattern here in the Boston area. We will get a nice day in the low 80s, but then have several rainy days in the 60s. We have been using the pool after work with a water temp of 84 with help of the solar cover and heat pump. It has also been a very bad year for pollen. It just won't stop! I have my pump running for 12 hours a day to both keep the pool clear and have it heated for us a night when we get home. I have the SWG set for 20%. My FC is usually between 7.5 and 8.0. I am having a tough time telling if the CYA is 70 or 80. I have been having to do the test inside lately. Seems like whenever I am home and can do the test at a time of the day when the sun is out, its cloudy. PH seems to be holding around 7.2 with all the rain. My question is this, over time having my FC being higher than the target FC for my CYA level, will I be doing damage to the liner and equipment? Should I just unplug the SWG for a day or two and bring it down? I am just a little worried with all the rain and pollen something could change rather quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.