What is best way to cool our water?

Chasmengr

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2016
Omaha, NE
Temp in our newly filled Radiant Metric pool has risen from 76F to 87F in one week (sans heater). Ambient daytime highs = mid 90's; ambient nighttime lows = mid 70's. Pool gets 80% sun most of day. Wx is supposed cool down and rain some next week. Humidity here is high, so evap cooling doesn't work real well.

Fountain will lower temp but won't it raise pH, too?

We really need to figure out how to do water swaps with people who have cold water.

I have 6,000 gallons of 70 deg water. I am willing to trade 3,000 gallons of it for 3,000 gallons of 90 deg if any one has any.

Fountains arrived today. Cheryl wants two floating ones. I hooked up one today. Soon I'll get some tube fittings and hook up the second in a balanced flow piping arrangement so they both act the same. The pump is on low speed; high speed is way to much without some adjusting.

20160616_182704.jpg

Sorry cold-water guys, I didn't see your water trucks come by . . . (my water temp today is 92F; hopefully it'll come down overnight.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
92 degrees. 92 degrees!!!!

Ours is currently sitting at 74. Too chilly for me. I've been researching heating methods all morning...

Your fountains look great. Hopefully they will do the trick with cooling. What type of fountains are they?

Temp is at 86F this morning - fountain cooling is working :) Pool hasn't been at 86 since passing through during warm up weeks ago. Now I need to check pH. Sun will likely warm it back up some today, but seeing 86 is great especially with only one fountain at low pump speed.

The fountains are the least expensive floating fountains we could find: Triple Tier Grecian. It's directions suck but after figuring things out, it works great. It does move around in the pool a bit; if it should get close the wall it would spray water out of the pool :(. I have an idea how to weight it down better so it won't move around, and to connect two fountains together.

Im running a submersible pump through 500' of black ½" tubing and i can barely get 82°. Without it drops to about 78°, and our daytime high is 90-95°. How do people get their water so hot without heaters? Im in CA where its usually dry heat. Is it the humidity? Id love to have that problem

Not absolutely sure why our pool heats up, but during liner install weeks ago (ambient temp = 80F), liner got so hot from sun that it was burning our bare feet. We stood on pieces of cardboard so we could work; even then feet were hot.

Our pool is Radiant Metric, which has insulated sidewalls, and we use HeatSavr liquid solar blanket; both may be keeping water warm overnight. Our daytime ambient RH is usually in the 60s%, so humidity may be keeping pool hot, too. Water temp this a.m. is 84F so fountain seems to be working :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.