3800 PPM salt level - too high?

May 1, 2013
My salt level indicator on my generator was in need of calibration. Without knowing this, I added a too much salt. I have since bought an handheld electronic salinity indicator via Ebay so that I can keep better tabs on it. My handheld indicator is telling me levels are at 3810. I have a Hayward SwimPure Plus generator. Is this salt level too high? I know I need to replace water to adjust it so want to confirm it is necessary before I go forward. Thank you.

The generator is reading what I set it to. I used my handheld salinity reader to get the reading and then set the salt PPM level on the SWG. Not sure if that would be considered calibrating or not, but there is a way to adjust the level the SWG is displaying. When I set it, it goofed a bit so it is reading 3400 but my handheld is 3800. I trust the 3800 is accurate so I am trying to figure out if that would be considered to high since the SWG prefers more in the 3200-3400 range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.