Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Water is leaking from around (underneath) the handle of my Pentair multiport valve. After reading through several posts, it seems that it might be the spider gasket but could possible be some other things. We are in our third year with the pool and it runs year round so is it safe to say that the spider gasket needs replacing? I wasn't sure what the life expectancy was. BTW: The pump is always off when I move the valve. I will probably have to order parts so it might be best if I order all possibilities at the same time.

Also, from what I have read here, it seems fairly easy to do. There is noticeable water on the pad below valve but hopefully I have a little time before I get the necessary parts to fix.

Thanks again for all the great helpful folks out there. Today high 96 and Monday 97 and not a cloud in the sky. So thankful that we have a pool! :)

Ksnewman

This thread and this thread may help.

Regarding the Spider Gasket, I recently replaced my 1st Gasket. The original gasket lasted about 3½ years. The job wasn't easy for me. Details are in the linked threads.

The Handle leak is most likely due to one of these 3 parts. These part numbers are correct for Pentair Valve 261152 which is the 2" size valve but should be the same parts for the 1.5" valve model.

Pentair 191479 (2ea O-Rings). These are located on the Diffuser 271168 .
Pentair 271169 Valve Top Cover. This part was causing my handle Leak.
Pentair 271168 Diffuser. If the shaft is scarred or the O-Ring channels damaged, that can cause the Handle leak.

I reused my 2 original Valve Washers as they weren't the cause of the leak.

Pentair 271157 Handle Washer
Pentair 271160 Spring Washer

Reactions: paultz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.