Pool Build - Atlantic County, NJ

I took three shots. It was difficult to turn each light off individually because they are all wired together. Instead I had some kids in the pool cover the lights with some plastic.

The left side of the pool in all the shots is the shallow end where I have a good sized tanning ledge. You can check out my build link in my signature to see the pool in the daytime.

Deep end light only.

deependonly2.jpg

Deep end and shallow end

twolights2.jpg

All three

allthree2.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't the best quality. I was in a bit of a hurry and my camera is acting up.

This is becoming a great build! I'll be waiting for more pics.
EskimoPie said:
An SWCG most of the time isn't much of a money saver, especially when you consider the cost of replacing the cell at the end of it's lifetime. The ease-of-pool-maintenance savings are huge though.
This is so true! Also factor in those with sand filters who backwash/rinse frequently. They have frequent buyings of salt and stabilizer. I see this everyday. Especially those who think that all they have to do is add salt, they see algae they think all they have to do is add a ton of salt and they think it's going to magically gonna transform into chlorine and disappear, so they add more.

Cobra46, Thank you for the effort in showing me the effects multiple lights - you're pool looks fantastic. :-D

I'm going to stand in/out of the pool and think about sight lines & shadows.

Meeting with the builder Tuesday about a SWG, 2 speed pump & lighting.

Was at a friends house yesterday and had a chance to check out his solar setup. Pool was 88degrees and he was adding cold water to bring it down. So I'm researching sizing, brands, etc.

thanks all

I add salt and stablizier at the begining of the year and thats all. My pool isn't covered for the winter, so turns into a swamp every spring. Just opened it friday. Adjusted ph and added bleach to shock. Kept shock levels up, backwashing, brushing. Water is clear and maintaining chlorine level. Added 160lbs of salt, 13lbs of stabilizer. Worked on water balance. Haven't fired off the SWCG yet. Will wait until fc comes down.

fc-10
cc-0
ta-70
ph-7.5
ch-120
cya- getting it up to 70
salt 3100

Photo of 2" flex pipe connecting to tee at bottom drains. Does anyone else think this may be a problem? Just thinking that this is the worst place to have a leak later on.

Either it is joined at an angle or excessive glue has caused the flex pipe to weaken.

Thx

Attachments

• IMG_2048.JPG
    IMG_2048.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 773
DBfan187 said:
This is so true! Also factor in those with sand filters who backwash/rinse frequently. They have frequent buyings of salt and stabilizer. I see this everyday. Especially those who think that all they have to do is add salt, they see algae they think all they have to do is add a ton of salt and they think it's going to magically gonna transform into chlorine and disappear, so they add more.

Well the reason I want a salt water pool is more for the water feel than any perceived savings. All of the salt water pools I have swam in the water felt softer to the skin and I did not feel like I needed a shower after swimming to get the pool water residue off!

Is there any way to get that softness to the water without a SWG?

Look at these pics.....

and this related quote:

waterbear said:
BTW, your damage looks more mechanical to me than chemical. Flex pipe buried in concrete/dirt? Seems like not a good idea to me since flex does not have that long a lifespan and is prone to exactly the kind of damage that yours had. Your pipe looks like it was sucked closed at a stress point from the bend by suction from your pump.

I hope it was replaced with rigid PVC.

Something to consider?

I agree with Cobra!
I woulden't put a flex tube in the earth, especially not when it will be covered with concrete. The tube I have used under earth is a tube with 5mm thick material. That tube is so stiff that you can run over it with a car and it will keep it's form. it also freeze secured.
To leave connections under concrete without any possibility to inspect it later on is a big no no in my book. And also to mount rebars on top of the pvc pipe without proper distances. Personally I woulden't feel comfortabel to leave it like that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was installed by the steel crew in preparation for the 1st plumbing inspection, which was last Wednesday. Actual Plumber not coming onsite till after the gunite, which is tentatively scheduled for this Saturday.

Anyway, I sent to S - M and they said they'd handle.

Just one of those quality items that needs checked.....
thx

Busy week....

Saturday May 30th - gunite was shot
Monday June 1st - plumbing (crew hit my wellhead with bobcat)
Thursday June 4th - coping, tile, stone (wrong color accent tile on steps)
Monday June 8th - electrical
Then decking, fencing, plaster & h20

Attachments

• IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_2115.JPG
    IMG_2115.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_2125.JPG
    IMG_2125.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 637
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.