New 24' SW above ground

Jun 24, 2008
MOBILE, AL
I just replaced my 7 year old 24' metal AG pool BBB with a 24' AG resin SALT pool due to the old pool rusting so bad. I have almost full of water and will start her up tomorrow. What method should I use to start up? Do I just get my parameters like cya, alkalinity, ph and free chlorine in check using my normal method? Once that's good do I just add xxx lbs of salt? I have a Hayward aquatrol salt generator if it makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

You got it! :goodjob:

It's easier to get things balanced and adjusted as a bleach pool. Then you're not also fussing with salt levels and SWG % runtimes.

Get the pH right, add some CYA and then some bleach and let the kids in. Don't let them play with the CYA sock, though. You can let them play with the salt when you add it. They'll mix it better than you can and have fun doing it. Wait until you're done fussing with the rest before you add the salt. Let the salt mix for a day and when the SWG says it's happy, let it take over. You'll probably be running the SWG by Monday night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.