Dolphin Active 30i

Sep 13, 2015
Hartford/CT
Does anyone have this guy? What's the difference between this and the S300i? Looking into making a purchase but can't tell the difference between the two and wanted any opinions you guys might have. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 30i. Before purchase I called Maytronics and they said it's the same as the S300i. Different colors etc. I would have bought either one. I went with the best price as local as possible. Call around as some pool stores will deal on these. It's really worth a look as it is a top load, dual basket, lightweight unit. It's easier to use than asking my teenager 400 times to clean the pool. I have pics if intrested.

I have the 30i. Before purchase I called Maytronics and they said it's the same as the S300i. Different colors etc. I would have bought either one. I went with the best price as local as possible. Call around as some pool stores will deal on these. It's really worth a look as it is a top load, dual basket, lightweight unit. It's easier to use than asking my teenager 400 times to clean the pool. I have pics if intrested.

That's the truth about teenagers! [emoji55] please post pics if you have some! I guess the only difference I can find is one has a basket and the 30i has a bag. Hmm!

You might want to check out this article. I found it in one of the other posts in this forum. It does a good job at explaining how manufacturers produce different models for specific dealerships, so the same features may be sold under 2 or more model names. In your case, it appears the 2 models are the same!!

The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isnâ€[emoji769]t Telling You | Sunplay

Thank you.. This article was really helpful!!

According to the Maytronics website the A30 and A30i are pretty much the same. The A30i gets you a multilayered basket (not a bag), delayed start, an additional cleaning cycle of 2.5 hours and a slightly better warranty. Same goes for the difference between the S300 and S300i. Nice units either way. I'd post a pic of my A30i but can't seem to do that from my iPhone.

According to the Maytronics website the A30 and A30i are pretty much the same. The A30i gets you a multilayered basket (not a bag), delayed start, an additional cleaning cycle of 2.5 hours and a slightly better warranty. Same goes for the difference between the S300 and S300i. Nice units either way. I'd post a pic of my A30i but can't seem to do that from my iPhone.

Wait it's a basket? Is it on the top or bottom? Not sure where I got that it was a bag.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
33e1f5674c838af559b915ad130fb157.jpg
e824b3f9af49860bff96f5f1cdd32681.jpg
c126b011b8a3b0f3a70bb6318dc08161.jpg
5bdd2c22e1af5d629be316c1280a9287.jpg
7559133ff062f90d54e1873f239b9b30.jpg

I did it.. Got the Active 30i!!

Gustafsa, congrats. Great unit isn't it. I've sat and watched mine clean for a few times but now I'm confident I can throw it in the pool and come back after its done. We just had a storm here in MD and I threw it in for the short cycle to clean up the debris. Did as good a job as I would have but with no real effort on my part. The 2.5 hour deep clean is pretty thorough. If you have a big pool this thing is awesome.

Gustafsa, congrats. Great unit isn't it. I've sat and watched mine clean for a few times but now I'm confident I can throw it in the pool and come back after its done. We just had a storm here in MD and I threw it in for the short cycle to clean up the debris. Did as good a job as I would have but with no real effort on my part. The 2.5 hour deep clean is pretty thorough. If you have a big pool this thing is awesome.

Yes our pool is a good size, 21x36 there was so much muck in the pool! Couldn't wait to throw this thing in and it was a hard 28 days to wait to vacuum! I'm confident it will do a wonderful job! How do you pick up rocks and such? Is there a tool or just dive in and hands? New pool owner here.

Gustafsa, have you been able to make any headway on your robot going belly up?

Gustafsa, have you been able to make any headway on your robot going belly up?

I haven't yet... After a little researching.. I believe the filter is getting clogged - due to all the dust they've made from the patio. I have not used it last week and might put it in this weekend after I give it a good clean. Maybe it doesn't like that fine dust [emoji17]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.