Leak Test, Lossing water

Jun 10, 2016
Orleans/Ontario
So I am trying to do a leak test to determine wether it is in the skimmer line or the return line.

Went to the hardware store and bought an adapter a plug and a valve stem. drilled a hole in the plug and installed the valve stem. Removed my pump

and installed the adapter. Using a bicycle pump I pumped up the line to 60psi.
Here are the numbers

Skimmer Side
60 Psi Start
50 Psi @ 5min
26 Psi @ 14min
18 Psi @ 28min
11 Psi @ 45min
10 Psi @ 60min

Return side
60 Psi Start
55 Psi @ 5min
48 PSI @ 14min
42 PSI @ 28min
32 PSI @ 60min

Here's a couple of resources that might be helpful. Working through these descriptions step by step will give you good information.
Pool School - Leak Detection
Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks

Not quite visualizing this approach. You could post some pictures. Are your adapters with snifter valves at the pump end, and you've put plugs in the skimmers and returns? If so, it might be helpful to check them with soapy water to see if they're airtight. But I could be totally off-base with what you're trying.

Maybe describe the nature of the leak and comparison to a bucket test. Leaks often have nothing to do with the piping.

Some pool details in your signature would also be helpful. See the link in my signature [ read before you post - which includes a description of how to do the signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.