Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Colored Concrete

1. Back To Top    #1

Colored Concrete

I was wondering if anyone knows about colored concrete. We just had extra decking poured on Friday (6/22/07) around the decking that comes with the pool package. We went with a brown color and as the days have past the color gets more and more splotchy and has white patches all over. My sales rep from the pool company says it's normal and that it's just lime working it's way out and that it will look better in a few days. I added a couple of pics. If anyone has any input, I'd be very grateful.
    IG, Shotcrete, PebbleTech, 30 1/2 x 13, 13000 approx. gals, 1 1/2 HP Jandy pump, 2 1/2 plumbing, cartridge filter, SWG, ozone system, PV3 in-floor pop-up cleaning, Mesa, AZ

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm no expert, but I think that is normal. I recently poured a small slab of regular concrete (not colored) and it went through phases of splotchiness then all came together as a single (somewhat) color. I'd say it was over the course of about a week, maybe ten days.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Great, Thanks.
    IG, Shotcrete, PebbleTech, 30 1/2 x 13, 13000 approx. gals, 1 1/2 HP Jandy pump, 2 1/2 plumbing, cartridge filter, SWG, ozone system, PV3 in-floor pop-up cleaning, Mesa, AZ

4. Back To Top    #4

You know, I'm thinking that even my uncolored concrete patio took quite a while to become uniform in color.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Definitely normal. A neighbor mentioned that theirs (similar tan to ours) looked like "puke" for a few weeks. I imagine this effect is more noticeable the darker the coloring.

Here's a pic of ours after 5 days -
    Author of The Pool Tool for Windows Phone 7.
    8,600gal PebbleTec, Pentair 2hp, Cartridge Filter, Solar Heat. Hopefully SWG Soon!
    Old -- 22,600gal Vinyl Inground, Hayward 1.5hp, 350# Sand Filter w/ZeoBrite, Color Logic, Aqua Rite SWG. Computer geek.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. It does make me feel better knowing it's normal. Appreciate it.