Avon Park, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
First, I would like to say everyone is very helpful on here. My question is, on the pool calculator it shows for my vinyl pool that TA should be between 70-90. Last week it was 110 and when I checked it this past Monday it was 130. My pH has stayed around 7.6 and my CYA is 50. I was wondering, is 130 ok for TA? I didn't want to mess with anything since my levels were ok unless I needed to.

pjohnson73 said:
First, I would like to say everyone is very helpful on here. My question is, on the pool calculator it shows for my vinyl pool that TA should be between 70-90. Last week it was 110 and when I checked it this past Monday it was 130. My pH has stayed around 7.6 and my CYA is 50. I was wondering, is 130 ok for TA? I didn't want to mess with anything since my levels were ok unless I needed to.
The 70-90 range is the optimum value for the TA. When the TA runs higher than that it can allow the PH to change "fairly" rapidly. The term "fairly" can change with swimmer load, etc.

Are you having to add acid to decrease your PH frequently?
Have you had much activity in the pool?
Do you have a SWG?
What are the rest of your numbers, and do you check them daily?

You are right, this site has the best information and the mod's answer questions like they've know us for years. 8)

I was wondering, is 130 ok for TA?
Yes. Sometimes we get overly concerned about TA and the acceptable ranges. There are folks on the forum successfully managing their pools with TA's ranges from 70 to 170....perhaps even wider

I like Jasonlion's advice..........if you are not having rapid pH rises with your pool, your TA is fine. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.