Frog Swamp help please!

Jun 10, 2016
pea ridge, AR
I am opening my pool after doing nothing to close it and doing nothing with it all winter. I know that's not good... I am new here and a newer pool owner and I am done trying to turn my frog swamp back into a pool! I ordered your recommended test kit and did the tests just now after dumping a ton of chemicals into my pool for 3 weeks now. Here are my test results... PH 7.2 FC 1.5 CC 1.5 CH 75 TA 190 CYA 50 CL 1 can someone please help me with what to do from here??

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Based on your description of a swamp, you are ready for a TFP "SLAM" (link below). With a CYA of 50, your SLAM FC level would be "20", so increase your FC to 20 and make sure to follow all the instruction on the SLAA page to a "T". It will work. It's not an overnight process, but it will work. Let us know if you have nay questions, and it's great to have you with us.

Thank you so much for the advice, I have slammed the pool and it is looking way better! I now have a mostly clear pool with just a little cloudiness. I am having trouble keeping chlorine in the pool and the cloudiness are my only issues. I have run out of CYA test fluids and will get more and test this evening. I have tested the other stuff though and was wondering if you could help with limited info for now. I have an above ground 18x33 oval pool with 18,900 Gallons. My TA is 180 down from 220. PH is 7.5 CL is currently 2 BR 4 and CH is 75. Is there anything I can do now to fix these issues or should I wait until I test CYA?

You need to continue with the SLAM and maintain that FC of 20. That's extremely important. There's no need to re-test CYA very often now, nor should you waste reagents on other tests. FC is your #1 priority until your pass all 3 SLAM criteria as noted on the SLAM page (link below). The transition from green to cloudy is just the beginning. Don't stop until the water is crystal! After that, then we can help you balance any other chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.