leaky Hayward multi-port valve

Jun 10, 2016
Bearsville, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I removed the top portion of my multi-port assembly to check something and foolishly used a screwgun to rescrew the top back on. One of the screw threadings got stripped in the process and now the portion of the arc surrounding that screw hole where the top and base meet is leaking. the cover also appears to be a bit warped at that spot. I figured I would start by getting a slightly larger screw and see if that works, but the warpage of the plastic cover suggests that it would not work. I'm wondering if there is some goop or sealant that can be applied to help seal it. I guess the gasket inside the cover could be replaced, but I don't recall having any leak prior to my opening the thing up.

Rather comically, a pool guy was there to check a pool leak and I asked him about this problem and he said they replace the entire multi-port! When I suggested that was serious overkill. He replied "hey, we're in the pool business. That's how we make money!"

Any better suggestions?
Thanks,
David

Welcome to TFP :)

if the valve is leaking and warped and has a screw striped the best thing to do is replace the valve, the best valves are the Jandy neverlube..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.