Not really new but a success story of TFP

Jun 16, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
So I rented a house last spring that had an in-ground pool. My first ever experience with a pool. I was unsure of what to do and started the classic googling. I was referred to this site by another forum and I started reading through the Pool School articles (A Must!!!).

I was unsure what I was going to be getting into when the cover was pulled off because I didn't know what the previous tenant had left me. I opened to this.

image.jpeg

Tons of Leaves, swampish and overall kind of frighting for a newbie. After some advice from users on here and following the steps in the SLAM and pool school, I had this.

image_6.jpg

In one week!

I followed the TFP steps the entire year and it was super easy. And my pool was perfect all year. A company closed the pool (part of my rental agreement) but I oversaw to make sure they didn't add any weird chemicals in there I didn't like.

So this year I opened the pool myself. Still unsure at what I would find when I pulled the cover back. My wife and I pulled the cover back and...

image_1.jpeg

Perfectly clear with just a few leaves in the bottom!!! I filled up the pool, got everything running, did my test and within 2-3 days I was in business and done with the Overnight test and ready to go! Water temp was still to low to swim (I like warmer water) but now its ready to roll for the Summer. Just wanted to pass this on to any new person that doubts this method or those who are still doing it for their first year. IT WORKS!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.