Target CYA? and Solar cover impact on FC Loss

N54tt

May 26, 2016
NY
Pool store tells me my CYA is 30. My tests show it's <30....probably around 20-25. Test done outside on a sunny day with the sun behind me. Reason I know it's at least 20-25 is that at the start of the season it was <30 but solution still turned a bit cloudy. I then added 1 gal of liquid stabilizer, Which pool calc says would raise CYA by 18. I know according to the Chlorine/CYA chart that 20 is not recommended. However I keep my solar cover on pretty much all day unless we are swimming in the pool and my average FC loss is 1.6. On the days we take it off and swim FC loss is 2.2-2.6. Pool gets sun for ~8hrs.

CYA test is done until dot Completely dissappers right? Am I being a bit to anal about my CYA level? Should I bother about bringing up the CYA level if I typically keep the cover on and reduce FC loss?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.