new home owner pool questions

nbatc

Jun 9, 2016
delcambre louisiana
Hello everyone, love this site..

Ok the house we just purchased has a 26000 gallon fiberglass inground pool with aqua rite pro t-9 swg. Pool was and is beautiful, no visible concerns. I ordered the tf-100 test kit. I started basic testing two days ago. The salt level when i started testing was 3100. The chlorine was non existant and cya was zero. So with the information on this site i started by adding cya. Got that up to 40 (on my way to 80 but wanted to slowly come up to it) then added some bleach yesterday to get the chlorine level close to where it needed to be. Now my aqua rite is showing my salt level at 1900. Is this normal? I know for sure my salt level is around 3100, as i added salt last weekend to get it up from 2900 to 3100. Any help is appreciated..

Well I added more bleach yesterday and the salt level went down even more. I know I can't be the only one to experience this. I could really use some help on this. I added another bag of salt before the 2 cups of bleach.
I am adding the bleach via the skimmer..

1. Get your own salt test.

2. Short of that, Is your SWG producing chlorine? If it is, that's all that really counts.

SWG salt indicators are chronically very bad.

There is no connection between the salt reading and adding bleach (not like you are experiencing)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.