SLAMing in Phoenix

Dec 28, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Long story short - I'm having trouble with mustard algae - clearly yellow, on verticals, in shade. But am losing massive amounts of FC during the day while I'm at work. Not sure if that's Phoenix sunlight at work... and if I'm going to have to find a way to keep FC up during the day?

Initial Numbers

PH 7.5
CL 4.5
CC 1
CH 250
TA 140
CYA 60

Night 1: Brought CL up to 25.5 in the evening. Overnight lost 1.5 CL and CC 0.5 (CL = 24)
Day 1: Brought CL up to 35 before I left for work... and was down to CL of 7 (CC 0.5) when I got home in the afternoon. (lost 28 CL!)
Night 2: Brought CL back to 28 in the PM, Overnight lost 1.5 CL (CC 0.5)
Day 2: Brought CL up to 35 before I left for work... and was down to CL 8.5 (CC 0.5) when I got home this afternoon. (lost 26.5)

Is this normal in Phoenix?

this time of year it is kind of normal, that is a high loss though at CYA of 60 it should not be going that fast.. could you do another CYA test and just see, maybe it is really at 40 or 50 now, that would make sense at those levels... do the test outside, sun to your back, 2 fingers holding tube at waist level and pour back and forth many times, I did at least 10 to 20 times to get a good average of what my levels are..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.