Year 2, clear as glass, thank you!!!

SilverRain79

Jul 20, 2015
Jenks, Oklahoma
So last summer was my first year owning a pool, decided to get one after my sister and her kids moved in. I was not prepared for it. LOL But I found this forum and after reading the posts on here (and fumbling through all the first timer mistakes) I'm proud to say that this season my pool went up and has been humming along quite nicely. All my numbers are good, the water has stayed crystal clear (even with 4 kids and several adults and a large cottonwood tree hanging over one end) and feels GREAT. I can not express how grateful I am for this site and all the people here. Last year was a constant headache and struggle, battling cloudy water... Algae... And the money I spent on useless chemicals that just made it even harder. I shed blood, sweat, and tears last year... Literally, sliced my hand open to the tendon building the fence. LOL

You'll have to forgive the powder residue on the ring from when it was in storage, I haven't scrubbed it off yet, and I'm still getting the area around it all gussied up. I'll post pictures of the area once I have it all in order. You'll also notice the fountain, for cooling purposes, which I built also from advice I got from TFP.com. I have an Autistic nephew who LOVES to swim and last year I hated having to tell him he couldn't because the water was cloudy or due to algae in the pool. Not this year! He can jump in and swim his little heart out whenever he wants. I seriously can't thank you all enough. <3

Well done you!! Congratulations... the pool and fountain look marvelous.

If you are so inclined to help up keep this website up and running (websites ain't free, y'know? The hamsters must be fed!) please consider becoming a TFP supporter. Every one here is a volunteer and we want to help you enjoy your pool as much as we do ours. :)

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Thanks everyone! And I am definitely going to donate to TFPC, I'd rather spend money supporting you all than those pool stores that raked me across the coals last summer. ;-)

I was just on my way back from my midnight swim and my nephew stopped me to tell me (in his own way and words) thank you. lol He actually said "thank you" "great pool" and high fived me. That's a lot of direct interaction for him, it's nice to see him happy. :D He also said "Don't do it again" which I'm assuming is referring to last summer when I had to keep telling him he couldn't swim. Hahaha He cracks me up.

I was just on my way back from my midnight swim and my nephew stopped me to tell me (in his own way and words) thank you. lol He actually said "thank you" "great pool" and high fived me. That's a lot of direct interaction for him, it's nice to see him happy. :D He also said "Don't do it again" which I'm assuming is referring to last summer when I had to keep telling him he couldn't swim. Hahaha He cracks me up.

^^ Probably the most awesome words I have read on the forum!
He locked you in here tight, that's Great!

Well the pool has been up for a month now and it's beautiful. I finally got the backyard all in order and am ready to share pictures of my Little Slice of Heaven. Our family never was much of a hangout in the backyard type, but lately we spend more and more time out there. I love coming home from work at night, lighting the torches, and relaxing in the pool under the night sky. Especially last night under the full moon of the Summer Solstice. I've put a lot of time, money, and work into the pool and it's enclosure and I'm very proud of it. It's not much but it's ours.

I moved the umbrella over beside the pool, it's keeping the water under 90 degrees right now. Going to get a second one, hoping to get it down to 85.

As much as I hate that monstrosity they built next door to us it does give us some nice shade in the latter part of the day. Unfortunately it's killing our Sand Plum tree. =-(

<3

That looks great! Very nice place to unwind! If you run that aerater/sprinkler at night it will cool of the water even better.

Oh I do, since the pool gets so much full sun and it's an AGP I basically run it 24/7. I know I probably shouldn't, I may start turning running the timer at night. I think part of me is just worried if I don't keep it running the water will go south. I really need to get a better pump for it anyway, vacuuming the pool is a royal pain in the you know what since that pump wasn't made to vacuum with. Had originally planned to get a saltwater pump for it this year but one thing after another and I put it off till it was too late really.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There's something I really like about those intex soft pools.

If my new house hadn't had an inground I was planning on one of those.

enjoy!

While dad was alive he didn't want to get a pool because he was worried about my Autistic nephew, they tend to be fascinated by water. Read stories all the time about them dying in ponds and pools. But honestly he's like a fish in water, and I've drilled it into his head he needs to let us know if he's going to go swim. I put a gate with a lock on the enclosure to be safe but the little jerk knows how to get past it. LOL After dad passed my niece wanted to buy a small Intex pool and I was like "Why don't we spend a bit more and get something everyone can enjoy?" Got this one on sale at Walmart for $400. I'd really like something bigger and deeper, luckilly we're all short so it's not a huge issue. I'm the tallest at 5"7' and it comes up past my waist. My best friend's family has one that's humongous and built to be up year round. I don't know the manufacturer or what it's made out of but I swear you could shoot the ring with a .22 and it'd bounce right off. LOL

With such a small pool, have you ever considered using a battery vac? Skippy and I *love* our PoolBlaster Max. It gets up what we need it to get without problem. Now I will admit we're on our second one but I'd still replace it again if necessary.

Amazon.com : Water Tech POOLBLASTER Max Pool Vac with Hi-Flow Vacuum Motor : Swimming Pool Handheld Vacuums : Patio, Lawn Garden

Yip :flower:

I was actually looking at something similar to that at the hardware store the other week, it would probably save me a lot of time and headache. I managed to rig a pool vacuum hose so I could vacuum into the filter with the intake hose and it works but I literally have to vacuum about a square foot at a time and watch out for anything that might clog the filter. I have a strainer that I put over the end of the hose just to be on the safe side but it requires constant emptying. Takes me about 45min to an hour. How effective are those at catching dirt? It gets pretty dry and windy here at times, like today, and with 3 or 4 kids using it almost daily... I have to vacuum about once a week.

When we bought our first one the pool store tossed in a second filter for smaller particles. The thing works great for us.

We get a lot of centepedes/millepedes in the water committing suicide and we're always vacuuming up the bodies. It gets dirt also, we have a lot of dust right now with a lot of road construction going on around me.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, and it's *got* to be better than what you're doing now!

When we bought our first one the pool store tossed in a second filter for smaller particles. The thing works great for us.

We get a lot of centepedes/millepedes in the water committing suicide and we're always vacuuming up the bodies. It gets dirt also, we have a lot of dust right now with a lot of road construction going on around me.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, and it's *got* to be better than what you're doing now!

I think I'll be picking one up in the next couple of weeks... Just went for a quick dip and discovered one of the kids had tracked a bunch of sand in. :???: I put sandstone down so they could take their shoes off on the paving and then step to the ladder avoiding the sand... And they avoid the stones and go through the sand. :brickwall: With something like that I could jump in and get it out in minutes. Thank you for the advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.