Replacing expansion joint. Deco Seal vs Sitka Flex?

Jun 9, 2016
Escondido,CA
Hi there from San Diego area. I'm on this forum due not being able to find someone that is interested in replacing the mastic around my pool. I have a lot, approx 321 linear feet. I just removed the stuff I put in 15 yrs ago. It was deco seal 2 part stuff that I squeezed out of a bottle. My ? Is which product is better? The stuff I pulled out was dry ( looked terrible) but apparently was still doing the job. I have one place trying to sell me Sitka 2 part flex sealer and SCP (wholesales pool supplies to the trade only) told me deco seal...

My gut is to go with Deco seal since it worked well the first time...but Sika has better color options....please help this mom who has finally decided to do the work herself... Thank you in advance.

I much prefer Sikaflex since it comes premixed and can bee applied by a caulking style gun. The 2 part deckoseal is very temperamental and difficult not to get air bubbles. Additionally, you'll need near gorilla arms to apply your footbal field length of the stuff.

Deckoseal now makes a premixed version of their stuff that comes in a pouch. If you desire to stick with that brand, I'd buy that version in a heartbeat over the traditional version that requires mixing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.