SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Anyone else have a never ending supply?! I know I'm not the only one!!!

20160609_134654.jpg

20160609_134640.jpg

I've got about 50 of them in my pump basket. I have to do a complete tear down of the pump tomorrow.
20160609_134647.jpg

All those dark spots are cicadas on the bottom of my pool. Yuck!!!!
20160609_134632.jpg

Sriracha sauce....peanut sauce is another option. Load up on a kebab stick, get the grille toasty hot and cook 'em for ~ 5mins in a side.

Very high in protein and low fat...

No thank you. They've been marinating in 6-8ppm FC over the last few days.

No thank you. They've been marinating in 6-8ppm FC over the last few days.

The proper method for preparing snails for escargot is to wash them gently and put them in a container with nothing more than spring water and a mixture of white flour and water to feed on. They are left this way for several days to ensure that they are cleaned out prior to use.

So it sounds to me like your Cicadas are just really clean, well marinated and ready for the grille ;)

Just wait until they're sizzling and the outer shell cracks a bit before you take them off the BBQ....

Where are you drywall guy? I'm on Washington/Fayette County border.

Just across the Ohio River here and we too are getting a good bit of them. Enough that I'm having to shut the windows each night as the dang chirping is driving me nuts. Stinks too as I LOVE sleeping with the "fresh air" (as fresh as you can get in the rust belt) during the colder evenings we've had the past few days.

I keep teasing the girls though, shape up or your punishment will be to eat a chocolate covered cicada. :)

Just across the Ohio River here and we too are getting a good bit of them. Enough that I'm having to shut the windows each night as the dang chirping is driving me nuts. Stinks too as I LOVE sleeping with the "fresh air" (as fresh as you can get in the rust belt) during the colder evenings we've had the past few days.

I keep teasing the girls though, shape up or your punishment will be to eat a chocolate covered cicada. :)

Hubby and I came in the house before I left for work and we could hear the chirping and he's like, Where is it? lol It was on his shirt. They are horrible! Can't even walk outside without them flying into your face and head!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The kids and I make a sport of them, and the dogs love to eat them. Sometimes they don't even hit the ground.

Delta_hunt.jpg

Took a camping trip to Ohio over Memorial Day weekend to do some hiking and at one of the places we went to there were thousands of them. Ended up eating lunch in the truck because we would get swarmed with them if we stopped. Up here in Michigan Ive never seen them that bad.

Our 17 year cicada brood won't be back until 2021 here. Best of luck for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.