Cicadas....

They are dying off and not as bad now. I have a few in my pool but nothing like they were.

They are dying off and not as bad now. I have a few in my pool but nothing like they were.

A friend sent me these but I thought of your situation. Now that the cicadas are subsiding, perhaps you can have a party and celebrate with one of these cakes -

f89916998e56bbf2788e0a16ed055185.jpg

43b3f3c8cee78fa6ba3d6e5871962e44.jpg

Technically speaking, that's a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach (Gromphadorhina portentosa) but I don't think anyone would mind....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
17icecream.gif

We should start seeing them soon in the Phoenix area. Just waiting for our humid Monsoon weather pattern - maybe later this week........

Between all the Phoenix members and the Tucson TFP contingent, we can send a bunch more your way. :stirpot:

You say they are dying off and they are just starting to make their noisy presence known here in central Oklahoma. They must be migratory although I doubt they are. I've never had them get in the pool like that before. On occasion there will be a stray one floating around but that's it. What you had is just pure craziness! My bug nuisance is June bugs. Those suckers are drawn to the pool and the waterfall and fish Ponds I have.

As for eating them. No thanks. Not that adventurous!

You might have a different kind Jamison. These cicadas come out of the ground, mate and then lay eggs on tree branches and then the branches die off and fall to the ground n the nasty critters make their way back into the ground for another 17 years or so. Once they are done mating, they die and believe me when I tell you that they come out by the millions when it's time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.