New build east Texas opinions needed.

Apr 20, 2016
Wills point tx
We have a new build going in E. Tx. Pool builder has been great. Great communication and I don't feel like he's trying to sell me things I don't need. Pool is a free form 40x26 with spa. After the dig we were held back a few days because of the rain and had some cave in issues to deal with. The extra dirt was dug out and it was formed back up and now the gunite (shotcrete) is done. Forms have been off two days and while watering yesterday I noticed a fairly deep hole in the backside of the shell. Looks like a concern to me but just want other people's opinions. Thanks in advance.

Q4TlOJF.jpg

w3Ighzz.jpg

I would suggest making a form on the right side of the open trench and filling that entire void (including the excavated portion) 4" above the highest portion of the gap in the shell. Depending on where that is located on the pool wall, that could be a very bad place to have a program weak spot. Stresses on the shell are highest at the bond beam and the transition from the floor to the wall. Your issue looks pretty close to the latter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.