What filter/pump should i get?

Jun 9, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
I recently purchased a 26 ft round intex pool roughly around 15000 gallons and the filter that it came with is not doing the job for me and was looking into a hayward de filter. I have tried to research as much as I can but still have some questions. The pumps I am looking into are the power-flo LX series or the Hayward SP2607X10 super pump. At first I was interested in a 1.5 horsepower pump but now I read people say that less is better? So would a 1hp be enough or lower? 0.75 or 0.5 hp? I have also heard talk about 1 speed and 2 speeds and don't know if it would be better to get 2 speeds because I could run it on a lower speed for longer without as much energy use? Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this lol. The filter I am looking into is the hayward perflex ec75a. I choose this filter because of the ease of bumping and not having to open the whole thing up and manually clean each grid. If there is any feedback on that I am willing to consider others. Thank you in advance for any of the answers you can provide.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think the 1HP Power-Flo Matrix 2 speed would be a good choice.

The Bump filters are fine, until you have eventually have to open them up and clean everything. DE and sand filter can be backwashed.
Filters are a personal preference: see Pool School - Pool Filter Comparison

For you size pool, the minimums I recommend are:
225 sqft cartridge
23" diameter sand
48 sqft DE (grid style ... or whatever size bump style).

That will use more power than the 2-speed on low, but it will be more than enough flow.

Chemistry is what keep a pool sanitized and clear of algae ... not the pump and filter.

You can use just about any pump with any filter you want.

The super pump should be more than enough flow. If you are not getting all the debris out, then you must not be running the pump (or cleaner) long enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.