Losing water when pump is running.

Bxclip

May 14, 2016
Ny
Ok, first time pool owner. It's been a work in progress, first my heater was leaking and they won't cover it because they said chemicals were off( previous owners fault)

Now I removed it and lose water while pump is on. I used fix a leak in skimmer and it didn't do anything.

I'm thinking its in the one return line I have. I tired putting some fix a leak through the jet with a needle and closing the jet, but that didn't work. As you can see from picture I have. A chlorinator between filter and water retune line. Any ideas on how I can better get fix a leak in there?

I basically fill water to their screw on skimmer but after running pump for 6 hours it is at the 2nd screw.

9c0f0d99a5d481dfda7ac7d699b57eef.jpg
652a5801f4bd070db6a03ab4c7bec60d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most likely source of a leak is the elbow where your return line goes horizontal again after it enters the ground after the chlorinator. Those elbows crack frequently.

If it was on the suction side or in the pool itself, it would leak the same or less with the pump on.

The most likely source of a leak is the elbow where your return line goes horizontal again after it enters the ground after the chlorinator. Those elbows crack frequently.

If it was on the suction side or in the pool itself, it would leak the same or less with the pump on.

The elbow from that line to the ground is above ground and don't see a leak.

I put fix a leak in the the chlorinator entry that goes to the return line. I closed jet and ran the pump for a second, that should pressurize the line. What you think?

The elbow from that line to the ground is above ground and don't see a leak. The most likely source of a leak is the elbow where your return line goes horizontal again after it enters the ground after the chlorinator. Those elbows crack frequently. I think he is referencing the first below grade elbow following the chlorinator.

I put fix a leak in the the chlorinator entry that goes to the return line. I closed jet and ran the pump for a second, that should pressurize the line. What you think? That would pressurize the line, but it wouldn't allow for enough leakage through the hole for the fix a leak to find then seal the whole.

So I should just deal with adding water for an hour a day and at the end of season , take my pavers up to change pvc? Your call, but this seems like a severe leak compared to most.

The elbow from that line to the ground is above ground and don't see a leak. The most likely source of a leak is the elbow where your return line goes horizontal again after it enters the ground after the chlorinator. Those elbows crack frequently. I think he is referencing the first below grade elbow following the chlorinator.

I put fix a leak in the the chlorinator entry that goes to the return line. I closed jet and ran the pump for a second, that should pressurize the line. What you think? That would pressurize the line, but it wouldn't allow for enough leakage through the hole for the fix a leak to find then seal the whole.

So I should just deal with adding water for an hour a day and at the end of season , take my pavers up to change pvc? Your call, but this seems like a severe leak compared to most.

Yea my bill is gonna be 100 more a month adding an inch a day. I will take care of it one weekend in July

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.