Need help just started BBB method

Jun 9, 2016
El dorado, ca
Here are my readings from this morning where do I go from here ??
589e674e94dc042379c1e75e57cc1b17.jpg

What is the best test kit that is not crazy price that I should get for all I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added 2gal bleach Tues night and 1/2 box borax yesterday Ph reading was same as shown above but chlorine not showing up out just over 3 gal of bleach in last night and chlorine now shows what I see in the pic added after reading that I need to get that chlorine base up

Hi Bred,

Welcome! I'm new myself however learned a thing or two from these forums.

First thing are you familiar with Pool School? Read the ABCs. Also what is the current water condition? Is it clear? Green? Etc. Please post your test values;

FC, CC, PH, TA, CH

Test kit I would recommend is TF-100 or Taylor Kit 2006 Complete, either of those will provide you with all teasing you need.

The water is crystal clear just filled pool on Saturday last weekend I apologize I posted of pic of this mornings readings but I guess it didn't show I have a cheap Walmart test kit right now here are the readings
CL BR
5 10
PH

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

As g3lo said, those two test kits are the best bet. They are a bit pricey, but will save you multiples in the long run. I am new here as well, but have learned a ton and am already reaping the rewards as I near the end of a SLAM (you can find info on that in Pool School) that has turned my pool from a green swamp to near perfect. From the pic, your PH appears a bit high. Ideally you want it around 7.5 - 7.8 or so. Not sure if yours is high enough to warrant adding muriatic acid to bring it down. I am sure one of the resident experts can point you in the right direction on that. Your proper chlorine level will depend on how much cyanuric acid (CYA) is in the water. You will need the test kit to test for that. Once you determine your CYA use this chart to determine your target chlorine level. Once you have your test kit and all of your numbers you can use PoolMath to determine what you will need to do to properly balance your pool. Looks like you are off to a good start! Just keep reading this forum and you will be an expert in no time!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.