Nice and nasty step question!

poolpapa

Silver Supporter
Jun 1, 2016
Stillwater, OK
When I purchased the "bones" for the new pool adventure, one of the items was a nice set of steps. Percieved problem is, they were in the gross nasty pool when we bought it. I want to pressure wash them before they go in the new pool. How concerned should I be with any algea that is hanging on/in the steps?? The have been setting in the sun for about a month while we were getting the pool up. Didn't know if the algea would rekindle itself once put in water. Thoughts anyone??? Thanks!

:lovetfp:

When I purchased the "bones" for the new pool adventure, one of the items was a nice set of steps. Percieved problem is, they were in the gross nasty pool when we bought it. I want to pressure wash them before they go in the new pool. How concerned should I be with any algea that is hanging on/in the steps?? The have been setting in the sun for about a month while we were getting the pool up. Didn't know if the algea would rekindle itself once put in water. Thoughts anyone??? Thanks!

:lovetfp:

If they have been dry and in the sun for a month the algae will be dead. Any doubts spritz them with a bleach and water mixture. (see the bottle of bleach for mixing instructions) spray on and let dry in the sun. When dry if they look dirty give them a power wash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.