Leave Solar Cover on while on vacation?

rdy2fly

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Wichita KS
Thanks to all you good people here at TFP, we have enjoyed our very first pool for a month now with beautiful water. I have never been "Pool Stored" and feel I have the water balancing down!
My question is this: we are leaving on vacation for several days starting tonight. Checked everything this morning, and I have my FC up to 13 in preparation for being gone. I've been leaving the solar cover on while not in use, and was planning on leaving it on while we're gone to minimize FC loss, but the water temp is already 90 degrees and it's supposed to be in the upper 90's here while gone. I know the solar cover doesn't really heat the water but help to retain the heat. But I've noticed the top layer of the water gets REALLY HOT with the cover on. Should I be concerned with the water getting too hot? Can the heat at the top cause me any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.