Advice needed for new pool installation

LA

May 13, 2009
Prairieville, Louisiana
Great site,

I need advice on choosing equipment needed for new self install IG vinyl pool 28k gl.

Considering: Pentair De filter 48sq ft
Pentair challanger 1.5 hp pump
Pentair Intellichlor 40 (trying to save on cost of supplies if really possible)
(Want a nice pool lighting system open to ideas) worried if LED is Bright enough.
( need auto pool cleaner advice)

Have had some advice on the above items (but not solid on these particular items) if better ones are avalible around same price.

Would like to do it right the first time by not cutting any corners on equipment size are quality.

You will get good info on pump size and kind (2spd, variable flow, variable speed). I would suggest a min. of 2" plumbing. The number of returns, skimmers, main drains is something to think about. I have 4 pool returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, step jets. Makes a difference on pump selection.

In the Pentair line I recommend getting a two speed 1 HP full rated dual speed WhisperFlo. I am very fond of the WhisperFlo. It is probably their best pump. 1.5 HP full rated is too large for your pool, though the 1.5 HP up rated pump is the same as the 1 HP full rated. And a dual speed pump can save you a lot of electricity, without costing nearly as much as an IntelliFlo.

The Color Logic light is very well though of. LED lights work best on white or light colored surfaces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.