I think floor drain is blocked-skimmer drain works

Hello again,

My pool floor drain has what looks like a shower head with 3 triangles in it(picture the radiation symbol), I will take a picture of it when it stops raining.

I have 1 skimmer & 1 floor drain & I think the floor drain is plugged or turned off at the drain, only 1 line comes out of the ground to the pump.

When I cover the skimmer drain with my hand the pump looses all water, so I think the floor drain is plugged, BUT I am able to turn the drain cover around with the net handle.

At one time did they make on/off floor drains?

I am thinking of turning off the return line valve at the pump & sticking one of those clog busters into the skimmer drain & trying to clear the floor drain that way

Is that a good idea?

TIA

Bob

duraleigh,

you are DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My skimmer had a bunch of sand in it from blind vacuuming when the pool was green, so after your post I shut off the pump & took a good look & sure enough there is a small valve in there, had the wife come out & watch what happened at the pump when i turned the lever(I had the valve on recirculate) & BAM pine needles & sand shot out of the return & a bunch of gravel & assorted Crud filled the pump basket.

Flow to the skimmer went down dramaticly yet I still had full volume of water to the pump.

My pool will be totally clear tomorrow morning!

I can not thank you enough, if I had paid a pool company $200+ to turn that valve for me---%$#& *^%$#@

If it wasn't for this forum I would be complaining about how tired I am from filling in the pool in.

Thanks again

Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.