Aug 25, 2014
Olathe, KS
My pumps about 12 years old. Yep it's been around for a while. It's a 2hp pentair, not sure of the exact model. A couple of days ago it's started shutting off and turning back on by itself. It's overheating. I tried the easy fixes, but I'm thinking it's probably time replace the whole thing or at the least, replace the motor.

From what I've read a 22000 pool , with 1.5 pipes, and a estimated 70 ft of head pressure most of the 1.5 hp motors would make a good replacements. The sand filter is huge so I'm thinking I could go bigger, but with the smaller pipes it's probably a waste.

Has anyone found a pump that stand out above the rest? I was looking on Amazon and it seems like the most popular ones right now are the single speed pumps, which is what I have now. I was hoping there was a general consensus on the best overall value. Are the two speed and variable speed pumps worth the extra cash?

The EcoPumps are variable speed and have a three year warranty, but are they any better than Hayward or Pentair?

I'm just looking for suggestions I guess.

Yes, a 2 speed,or VS pump will save a lot of electricity over a single speed pump.

I am a fan or the Pentair Superflo, either VS or 2 speed. Both are available in 1-1/2hp.

I love my super flo pump its very quiet. You can't hear it unless you are standing right next to it. You may want to consider an inteliflo pump tho they are a lil more expensive but you may get better performance and better electrical savings over the super flo.

I too was looking at the Ecopumps a little while back, but as some chimed on my thread, fairly new company, their ads, and website uses fancy words for some of the same stuff in every pump to make theirs sounds better. It's a newer company, not as long of a trackrecord, etc etc.

I ended up going with the Pentair VS 3hp pump model # 011018.

Hope this helps

I was looking at that same model and have been going back and forth between it and the Superflo VS. Today I called a couple of places. My usual place had the best price but only has the the Intelliflo 2. They are asking $1500 for it, installed, or $1150 for the Superflo VS. i'm going to bite the bullet and get the intelliflo.

Pentair's warranty make's it pretty risky to install it yourself, which kinda sucks, but I can see why they do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.