Pool vacuum??

Jun 4, 2016
Arlington, TX
I am awaiting my test kit. It should be here tomorrow. Is a pool vacuum necessary and if so, what do you guys recommend? IG plaster.

(Salt water pool, **estimated until further notice**12,000 gallons, currently a SWAMP, 3-5 foot deep, DE filter, *i don't think I have a SWG?)

I'm with Yippee - minimum is a telescopic pole, leaf scoop attachment, brush attachment, vacuum head attachment, a hose in good shape, skimmer plate, and if needed, a cuff for attaching the hose to the skimmer plate. If there's a vacuum port on the pool, I wouldn't use it until after the pool is clean. I'd think about automated cleaners after ending the mystery of what's down there, assuming you don't know the history of the pool.

I have a 12K pool, and I swear if I had a main drain, I could do it all with a leaf scoop and the brush. That said, for a swamp, I would close the main drain valve and not play with it until after I could see the intakes at the bottom of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.