Ready to turn my swamp into a swimming pool

Seems like there is no more debris in the pool now. Mostly thanks to the dolphin and filter. Now it seems pointless to run the dolphin anymore since there seems to be nothing there for it to get.

Chemical levels are great. Added 1 more jug of bleach this morning just in case FC had dropped. Since the tests I have are not very accurate. I think a whole jug might even be overkill at this point.

Water is clearer but not very clear, and I hope it will be even better in a day or two or three. Some more brushing was done. There is not much there but I am sure teeny particles get stirred up.

Not really sure what else there is to do. We got some rain and will get more. Did add a half dose of flock treatment since we have it sitting here.

I would love to be able to swim Fri or Sat, not sure if it can happen. Oh, while shocking we kept pH on the lower side (about 7.2) and CYA is also lower than they recommend typically. Maybe those should be increased in a day or two. To help FC/TC drop so it is swimmable.

Thanks again. The pool is normal again. I have been swimming in the past weeks. The lingering cloudiness cleared up even more. You can see the bottom of the deep end. I think it's still slightly cloudier than it could be, but this is fine and great.

aquamarine said:
I think it's still slightly cloudier than it could be, but this is fine and great.
Glad your pool has mostly cleared, but we don't like cloudy - not even slightly cloudy!

If you post a full set of #'s we'll check it out for you and see if we can help get it all sparkly! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.