Aquapure RS under reports salinity

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Is it

1. - Producing chlorine and just under reporting salt, or

2. - Is it not producing chlorine because it thinks salt is too low.

Oh, the pool store testing being faulty is another possibility that you have already identified.

It's as likely the pool store reading is off as it is your SWG is under reporting the level. Salt readings are inaccurate, as long as your SWG is within its recommended salt range and is working I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen mine differ by more than 1000 as compared to strips and it continues to work fine year after year.

It's as likely the pool store reading is off as it is your SWG is under reporting the level. Salt readings are inaccurate, as long as your SWG is within its recommended salt range and is working I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen mine differ by more than 1000 as compared to strips and it continues to work fine year after year.

I agree with JamesW. Get the salinity test and take from there. My SWG have been over reading since last year. My pool still under warranty and so far 3 sensors have been replaced, the board was replace yesterday and still having incorrect reading, which at times make the SWG stop producing chlorine. I normally test using the aquacheck salt strip and take my water to two different pool store just to confirm make test is accurate.

WOW! Really quick responses to my SWG problem. Thanks to all!!!! My SWG is producing chlorine ok. However, I'm afraid that when the salt level is too low. it will report it on my PDA "add salt" and I'll have to figure out how to clear the message. The cell is about 3 yrs old. No error codes,flow light is on, SWG producing chlorine.Everything looks good except the salinity. My reading is 3000ppm. One store has 3500ppm and another has it 3800 ppm. Descaled the cell today-same reading 3000ppm. (i've always kept my salt level at 3200ppm). To JamesW--- I'll get the Taylor K 1766 test kit, but how do you recalibrate the cell??
Again, thanks to all! It's appreciated!

Here is the recalibration procedure.

• Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times.
The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds.
Release the button after the 3rd beep.

• Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

• The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow
to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.

• When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.