Another Liquidator thread...HELP guild me! :)

starsfan33

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2014
Nevada, TX
Hey everyone! well, its swim time again, and I am DESPERATE to add some automated help to keeping my FC up this summer!

I looked at the The Liquidator last summer, and I have seen people who have had great success with it, and others who had nothing but disappointment. I have also seen the other pump systems but like many others, I cant really afford the extra expenses RIGHT NOW...and I need a RIGHT NOW solution. I do have a 27' round...at 54" and I have seen some say that there may be a "Large pool" corolation with issues associated with the liquidator. I am looking for some current feedback and success (and failure) and things that may help over come some known issues that I can consider.

Much appreciate any and all input!

Thank you,
Steve

I have been running a LQ for 2-3 months. I love mine, but YMMV. Here is my advice, in no particular order

If you don't have room for it on a concrete pad (I did not), get a 16" x 16" paver from Home Depot to put it on (approx $4). Get a level and add dirt to make sure your paver is level, too.

When you install it, as you tighten the hose clamps, the friction will pull the pressure fittings out of flat with your PVC. Be sure to keep them straight as you tighten the clamps. Expect a few tries to get a no leak install, but easily do-able, even while enjoying a tasty beverage.

Pay attention to the orientation of the inlet and outlet hoses. Theoretically, you want the shortest hose runs possible, although this is not really critical.

Make sure you get the model with 3/8" fittings. This IS critical.

Pay attention to the opening of the lid. You want this to be convenient. Do not install such that you have to hold the lid open while you pour.

Get the throttle valve (about $12) from US Plastics. It is precise enough. The adjustable valve which comes with the LQ is all but useless for dosing, but is PERFECT for an ON/OFF valve.

You will need that ON/OFF valve for sure, until you get the system dialed in.

Add 50 ppm borates. Get the GRANULATED Boric acid from Duda Diesel. No need to add MA that way, and the boric acid is easy to throw in the pool. If you don't do this, you may get the white flakes (I do not get them).

If possible, keep the tank out of direct sunlight (I could not) to reduce chlorine degradation. Not that critical, since we are adding maybe 2-4 gallons a week.

Wear old clothes when you add the bleach. Just because.

Add bleach through the attached black funnel only. Better if your pump is running as you do this, since you can add more bleach more quickly.

Make sure everyone can see the "Liquidator" label on the tank if possible. Its just cool :)

FYI: My pool maintenance time has decreased by 3/4 since adding the LQ.

I have been running a LQ for 2-3 months. I love mine, but YMMV. Here is my advice, in no particular order...

...Make sure everyone can see the "Liquidator" label on the tank if possible. Its just cool :)

FYI: My pool maintenance time has decreased by 3/4 since adding the LQ.

ENCOURAGING!!! :)
Love hearing this! thank you for responding!

Steve

I
Get the throttle valve (about $12) from US Plastics.

Hey Mark, can you help me out here? I am looking for this throttle valve at US Plastics, and it's not pulling anything up using that search criteria. Would you happen to have a link to the one you purchased?

I just pulled the trigger and purchased the Liquidator! should be here in about a week! ;-)

I see a lot of people using a needle valve....those seem really expensive (like 70+ just for the valve)

Much appreciate the help!
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.