Trouble with dual outlets on Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Jun 8, 2016
Hampton, VA
Previously owned an Ultra Frame Pool and we loved it but metal rusted out so we had to get a new one.

The new one has dual outlets instead of one. We used this new pool last year and I don't remember having this problem but I cannot figure out what goes into one of the holes....I think its a blue piece that has threads around it and then you screw the cover on; however, the blue piece won't fit--its really tight and it makes the cover stick out several inches into the pool.

Additionally, the weight of the hose with water in it makes the hose clamp not hold tight.

Does anyone have this dual outlet pool and would you be willing to send me pics of how you have the dual outlets hooked up on both inside and outside?

I'm afraid the hose is going to fall off while I'm at work and I will lose ALOT of water.

I have the same set up. Intex Pool_1.jpg

The hose to the left of the pump/filter is the pool return. The two to the right of the pump/filter connected by a dual plunger valve are the suction from the pool to the pump. There are two suctions from the pool due to newer pool safety legislation. I have an Intex over the wall skimmer hooked to the far right suction port. The suction port directly to the left is blocked off with a black plug that comes with your Intex pool kit. We are never in the pool with the pump running, so I'm not worried about having two suction ports for safety's sake. Having one blocked off keeps my skimmer working great and helps with vacuum attachment also. The skimmer hose in the pool and the vacuum hose in the pool are different sizes. So when I vacuum I have to remove the blue adapter that holds the skimmer hose and replace it with another blue adapter that fits the vacuum hose. Not too much hassle. I have zip-tied the dual plunger valve to one of the legs to relieve some of the pressure on the side of the pool.. No leaks from day one. Hope this helps a bit..

Thanks for answering. I never had problems last year but this year it doesn't matter how tight I have the clamps, the weight of the water in the hose slowly begins to pull it down and eventually it slides off. I've "hung" the hoses from the pool frame with a bungee cord but I ended up closing off the 2nd outlet with the black plug. I definitely don't like this new set up!

- - - Updated - - -

philc how did you do that? Could you post a pic? Thanks!

Here is what I did with the dual inlet Intex pool. I used 1-5/8" vinyle tubing/hose from home depot and some hose clamps. the hose is connected to a hose barb x 1" male threaded connection. This goes into a 1" socket x male threaded connection and then to a 1" valve. the 1" pipe then goes to a 1-1/4" header where it eventually meets a tee where a similar 1" line feed the header.

Intex 18x48 ultra frame pool arrangement - YouTube

I got rid of the hoses and went to PVC Pipe because they would pop off, but then again I'm running a 4000gph pump.

Thanks for answering. I never had problems last year but this year it doesn't matter how tight I have the clamps, the weight of the water in the hose slowly begins to pull it down and eventually it slides off. I've "hung" the hoses from the pool frame with a bungee cord but I ended up closing off the 2nd outlet with the black plug. I definitely don't like this new set up!

- - - Updated - - -

philc how did you do that? Could you post a pic? Thanks!

This is not my thread and not my photos, but this is how it is done: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/64388-Cutting-Larger-Intake-amp-Return-holes-in-your-Intex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.