Am It Really This Easy? Or Just Luck - Water is Perfect with Chlorine ONLY!

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
Hi,

Didn't know whether to post this in the AGP or the Chemistry part so...

But - does the TFP method REALLY make things THIS easy?

A month into it now and chemical wise once I got the stabilizer in (CYA is steady at about 45 now and I haven't added any more so far) - the ONLY thing I have had to add to date is chlorine in varying amounts - NO Borax, NO Baking Soda - and my tests are GREAT every day - PH is exactly 7.5, and all the weekly tests are right in line - and THIS is how good my water looks this afternoon.

View attachment 49732

Now, I did have the dust/sand issue I posted about - but once I got the new pump and cleaner - 99% gone!

I am not spending more than 3 minutes a day testing the chlorine/PH and adding bleach.

COST - less than .30 a day in bleach.

THANKS!!!!!

Thanks - I will do what I can. On a slightly serious question though - should I expect to EVER need the Borax or Baking Soda? What would cause things to get out of balance where I would. I can imagine that at some point I will need to add CYA since I am leaving the pool up full time - but I have no idea what might generate the other items.

Thanks - I will do what I can. On a slightly serious question though - should I expect to EVER need the Borax or Baking Soda? What would cause things to get out of balance where I would. I can imagine that at some point I will need to add CYA since I am leaving the pool up full time - but I have no idea what might generate the other items.
I've never had to add either of those. I get more than enough in my fill water and I'm sure you do, too.

Perhaps a mishap while adding acid could cause you to need those items, but that's about it. You'll never need to buy Calcium, either.

Well that was a wast of 20 bucks sitting in the garage! Thanks.
Borax is good in the laundry. Takes the stink out of sweaty socks. Making Soda is useful for all kinds of things. Better than twenty bucks' worth of pool store snake oils.

attachment.php

You can use the borax n baking soda to wash clothes.

Enjoy the simplicity of your pool!

Rarely - very rarely - I will have to adjust my pool after a very long rain. Other than that, it basilally runs on autopilot - about a 32 oz of %8.25 per day. maybe a little more or less depending on usage, but thats about it. Unless of course I feel like upping the boartes, and then its some borax and dry acid to even it out. Slowly but surely the borate levels in my pool are rising.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.