CiruPool Si-60 reading low salt??

HuskerFan_1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Nebraska
Ph is around 7.5 and water temp is 85 deg. The controller is reading low salt and is at a reduced rate basically producing no chlorine. When I reset the unit the instant salinity reads 3500 then slowly goes to 0000. I cleaned the salt cell before starting the season. Seamed to be working now the last couple days it always switches to reduced output.

I did test with the test strips as this is the only way I can test and it shows salinity is where I need it to run. It ran perfectly last season up until I closed it. Only one season on the unit.

Called circupool but they had already closed for the day. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Dump 2 bags (80 pounds) of salt in and see if it's happy, the curcupool units will run on the higher end between 3500 and 4000 PPM

Those 2 bags should raise your salt about 250 ppm or try 1 bag tonight and see what happens

Make sure it is still clean as some cells can be scaled up quickly when the CSI of the water is high.

Test the salinity of the water to confirm it is in range.

If those are both good, most likely the cell will need to be replaced.

I did put on 50 pound bag of salt in earlier today just to see if it would change anything, but the controller is not reading salinity level. Test strips still showing ok level.

Took the cell off and inspected it the plates look shiny and clean. Put it back together and still no salinity reading on controller.

I ran it all season last year and when I cleaned it, it was still very clean I don't seem to be getting any build up on it.

Is there a way to recalibrate the salinity level on the controller? Online I can find ways to do other brands but nothing for the circupool.

Other wise I'll just wait until tomorrow and call them.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Ok. Called Circupool they got me straightened out. Salinity was on the border line for it to work. Added a little more salt. Test strips are off a little. Ill be ordering the Taylor salinity test kit. Also my salinity was reading 3.4 on the controller this morning, thats why I thought it wasn't reading correctly. Apparently 3.4 or 3400 makes the controller happy. Ive never had it read in the single digits like this. It has always read in ppm or 3400. I tried switching it between celsius and fahrenheit and that didn't change the salinity reading it stayed at 3.4.

The tech had me set it to 100%, not to super chlorinate and its ran since noon producing chlorine. Im getting a FC reading now of 1.5 ppm and CC of .5. So now worries as of now.

Ill see what tomorrow morning brings.

great to hear, grab some 10% from walmart and bring your FC up that way and then have the SWG take over... It would not hurt to take it to SLAM level and do an OCLT and make sure nothing is growing :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.