Muriatic Fumes Update

Jun 23, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Anyone who has caught a whiff (or whiffs) of Muriatic fumes sometime in the past care to update on any long-term effects you may have had from it? I made a mistake Sunday night... I poured my 29% acid using a measuring cup that I usually use for chlorine (double whoops), and just didn't turn away or hold my breath when I heard a sizzle. So I got a pretty good whiff, immediately noticed a really nasty salty taste and instinctively exited the area. I have asthma anyway, and possibly am developing a little cold. But in the last day I'm noticing some lung tightening and a scratchy throat.

Don't worry, I promise I'm not using this forum as a substitute for seeing a doctor!

Thanks.

Matt

Get to the Dr sir. That gas you whiffed was chlorine gas. I don't suspect there was enough exposure. Read the Safety Data Sheet for chlorine gas. Also note the volume of the area you did that in and your proximity. I'd go get checked out for that myself.

Jared

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.