PoolDad2

Jun 24, 2007
Eastern NC
Hi everyone.

I'm here in eastern NC halfway between Raleigh and Wilmington right off I-40. I'm in the Air Force and stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro NC. We purchased this house three years ago and it has an 18'x36' IG vinal pool. The previous owners didn't tell me anything about the pool. Our old Hayward filter went out and I just updated to a Pentair Quad 60, I hope I did the right thing. DE is new to me. Our twin 10yr old girls love to swim and one has special needs so she gets the extra benefit of PT out of the pool. Our pool has done well and I used the local pool store for advice and chemicals. Well after issues this year and seeing the pool store can't keep employees I found the internet to be my best friend. So here I am on here to learn from others how to properly maintain a pool. I have a ton of reading to do and the BBB method sounds interesting.

One thing is the pool store tells me my pool is 24k gallons, but from what I found on here it is more like 19k, it has an 8' side and slopes up to 3' and from what I can tell 19k is way closer than 24K.

Hi there! Welcome to the group.

You'll learn so much and in a short time, too! Soon, you will feel quite confident in your pool's care and feeding. I'd venture to say that even after a while, you'll have a pretty good feel as to what your pool volume really is by the dosing needed to maintain it.