Newbie question on intex plumbing

Jun 8, 2016
Kentucky
New to the forum and new pool owner. I have an intex above ground 24'x12', ultra frame, with the intex 3000gph pump/sand-filter, and the Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 (rated for a 15k gallon pool). I also purchased two of the game solar heaters (GAME 4721 SolarPRO) that I want to plumb in series. I've done some searches on here (and google), and see that intex plumbing can be tricky. I need to plumb in the solar panels in a way that allows me to divert some of the water to the panels and keep the flow to the pool as the same time, I realize my pump is way to powerful for the panels without diverting. I'm not sure what I need to get to make this work and the least amount of cutting the existing hoses. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can make an adapter with a few dollars worth of PVC. See this thread and the other thread mentioned within it: Anyone have this filter on an intex

So, they're saying the intex hoses (1.5" hose) will screw on to a 2" PVC threaded fitting (male) and seal with the use of 2 gaskets? Just make sure I understand this correctly. I don't have the hose with me right now, so wanted to make sure this is correct before I stop by the hardware store on the way home.

Yes, the collar on the 1.5" Intex hose is 2". But the thread pitch is different, thus the need for the extra washer to keep it from leaking. Without the washer, you can't screw the collar down tight enough to get it to seal off.

Yes, the collar on the 1.5" Intex hose is 2". But the thread pitch is different, thus the need for the extra washer to keep it from leaking. Without the washer, you can't screw the collar down tight enough to get it to seal off.

Thank you. I'll be trying it today. Is having a ball valve in this location sufficient (Shared album - Wayne Lewis - Google Photos), I would think having it on the same side as the solar heater would be better. With it like the picture (not mine, found it on google), you'll always have about half the water flow going through the panel, and I'm thinking that might still be too much?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.