Water is green & can't see. Help!

Mar 9, 2009
Midwest
As I learned on this forum -- I was planning to scoop out as much of the solid matter as I could, then run the Dolphin and filter a bunch, check the cya levels, ph should be fine but maybe add a little to balance it, shock the pool with lots of bleach for days, etc, etc. Well that is what I remember, I would re-read and follow the guide more exactly.

However, I am stuck on step 1, cleaning out as much of the solid stuff as possible. My partner and I don't know how to do this when we can't see the bottom or anything? Tried scooping blindly with the leaf rake and nothing came out. Will try LeafMaster but not too hopeful on that one either. Should I skip over that step? Should I add some of this PoolTime 50% Algaecide I have? I would have to buy more as I only have half a bottle left. Should I add bleach just so that I can see what I am doing?

A few days ago you could see better. Not very well, but he was able to vaccuum out the shallow area mostly. But it's been sunny in the past 4-5 days and now it's more murky. Also last week it was getting very stirred up and you'd have to wait for the stuff to settle back down so you could see.

It is an inground approx 24,000 gallons with vinyl liner (that is old).

There must be some other trick I can use?! Thank you.

There's really no trick. If the pump and filter are working, run them 24/7, add bleach to get to shock level, and be fanatical about keeping it there. It may take hourly testing at first, then every four hours, and finally down to every 8 hours. Scoop and brush as much as you can at least daily. In a few days the green will give way to a blue-gray color indicating progress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.