Trouble with Ultra Liner Plug

Jul 3, 2014
norwich
Hello All
Anybody had a plug on an intex leaking ?
This is my second faulty liner this year ( the first one would not sit flat and had bad seams ).
I have the pool have full and it just started to leak from the internal plug . I tried to push it in more and that didn't help so I filled the white external plug with sealant and that has stopped the leak for now.
I shall complain to intex and see if they will send another new one but I would like to see if I can get away with filling this one .
If anyone has fixed a dodgy plug I would really like to know how you did it and if it lasted the season ?IMG_8209.jpgIMG_8210.jpg

Hello Cowboycasey
I think water pressure is pushing down on the plug and making it open slightly. This has never happened to me before.
I have been informed by Intex that they can send me a new liner now if I destroy this one ( or they will let me keep the pool up and send one at the end of the season).
As it is more than half full ,I have decided to try and fix this one. I used a product called 'wonder wet sticky stuff' to seal to external plug. So far it's holding. I am thinking about covering the internal plug too ( I never use it to drain anyway ). I like the sound of this 5200 stuff but I have never used it before. Is it really strong ? I need to get another 8 inches of water in my pool before I can connect a pump. It needs to be able to keep that plug in !

5200 is the strongest stuff in life :) it is used to make things permanent in fiberglass, vinyl, plastic, you name it... you have to cut it out to get it off ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.