Hi from Arizona!

Jun 7, 2016
Surprise
Hi everyone! We have a salt-water pool that is a year old. I'm learning that what little maintenance we did this past year might bite us in the butt now. Got our water tested for the first time at Leslie's yesterday and they just said I needed muriatic acid to fix the pH which would then help the TA. After reading a few posts it looks like I might need to go get a testing kit. I also tried to brush off this white line around the tile but it's not budging. It almost looks like salt but after reading quickly it looks like calcium silicate. My goal is to be able to understand all this pool stuff so my husband doesn't have to worry about it since I'm home all summer. My first job is to add the muriatic acid and then see where our numbers are at. Our salt level is also blinking low but I found out we should be cleaning our salt cell, so that is also on the list to do! :)

Let the learning begin!!
Carrie :)

Here are my levels from Leslie's....
FAC 0
TAC 0
Salt 3200 (needs to be at 3400)
CYA 60
TA 180
pH 8

Hello Carrie and welcome to TFP! :wave: I wouldn't too much at this moment until you get your own test kit. We see time & time again when the pool store tests are out of this world wrong. I highly recommended the TF-100 with speed stir. Add about 1/2 gallon regular bleach each day for now and let us know when you get your own test results. From there we can help you with calcium scale and anything else chemically related. Nice to have you with us.