Polaris 280 with booster not working after cleaning cartridge filters

Jun 18, 2015
Oldham, KY
I shut off the main pump and breakers to the main and booster pumps. Replaced the cartridge filters with the clean spares, reassembled the filter unit and started the main pump. All fine. However, not my Polaris 280 is dead in the water, It has been working fine since April and it strikes me as too much of a coincidence that it is dead after I shut off the pumps and cleaned the filters.

Did I lose prime in the booster, how can I tell if it is working right? I did not initially close the suction and other normally open valves after shutting off the main pump, not even sure I need to do that when cleaning the filters.

Any ideas?

I am getting water coming out and into the pool when I start the booster pump, however, my recollection is that the jet would not allow me to connect the robot hose if the booster pump was running. Now, the pressure is such I can easily attach the robot's hose to the side of the pool. Usually the robot is connected to the system before I turn on the booster, but I was wan ting to see if the booster pump is working at all.

Is my issue not enough pressure or water volume getting to the robot? If so, why?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.